The Foundation offers a funding program that provides training grants as part of its work to enhance the ability of charities to better serve Canadians. We view the building of organizational capacity through staff development as crucial to improving effectiveness in programs, services and administration. We also see it as essential to fostering collaborative attitudes within and across organizations.
Through our experience, we have seen that charities across the sector sometimes have similar training needs and have limited time and few resources to provide quality training opportunities for staff and key volunteers. Through this funding program we would consider applications that bring together a number of organizations to undertake a joint training initiative that would address a specific training need.
The proposed training, undertaken by two or more organizations, must include a knowledge or skill component that has the potential to increase the capacity of individual staff members or key volunteers to contribute to meeting the organization’s mission.
Funding is provided to registered charities, not to individuals or staff members. The applicant charity (that must take part in the training) will be required to oversee all aspects of any potential grant. The organizations and number of participants that will be in attendance must be identified before the charity applies.
Eligible charities include:
- Social service organizations in Alberta and Saskatchewan;
- Early childhood education and care organizations in Alberta and Saskatchewan;
- Regional or national umbrella organizations that serve the charitable sector as a whole; and
- Regional or national umbrella organizations that serve the early childhood education and care sub-sector.
Organization that are not registered charities or those which have, as their main purpose religion, education, health or the arts may not apply. Also, those agencies that are primarily funded through the tax base such as school boards, universities or colleges, health authorities and childwelfare authorities or band councils may not apply.
For additional information regarding our bursary programs and eligibility requirements, please visit our website pages or contact the Foundation’s office at (780) 425-9616 or toll free at 1-877-788-5437.
NOTE: In order to send this form online, you need to have ready the following files:
- A copy of the description of the course or program
- A copy of the consultant’s/trainer’s credentials
- A copy of the full budget for the training initiative
- Your agency’s audited financial statements for the last completed fiscal year
- Your agency’s budget for the current fiscal year